Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Happy Singleversary- Celebrating the Girl Named Gert!

HAPPY SINGLE-VERSARY!!

Today is my single-versary, on this day in 2011 I became officially single. "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope," No really it was last spring. I am not going to blog as if I am Charles Dickens writing a Tale of Two Cities, but it's a great book if you've never given it a read, try it.

This blog is not going to rehash my breakup, make fun of my ex, or tell my sad sob story.(Although I reserve the right to do so in the future) On this of all fateful days, I am going to do what all women should do often in their life, I am going to celebrate my single self and talk about the most important relationship of all, my relationship with my self. (Everyone male or female should celebrate their relationship with them selves regardless of their single status, it is the longest relationship you will ever have....)

I will now be sappy and quote one of my most inspirational single ladies, the one....the only Carrie Bradshaw, well actually Candace Bushnell or Michael Patrick King should get credit for the quote,but think about these words because it really is true........

“I got to thinking about relationships. There are those that open you up to something new and exotic, those that are old and familiar, those that bring up lots of questions, those that bring you somewhere unexpected, those that bring you far from where you started, and those that bring you back. But the most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you can find someone to love the you, you love, well, that’s just fabulous.”~Carrie


What do you love most about yourself? Who is the you that you love? It took me a minute to think about this when I was first single again. Knowing yourself well helps especially when online dating. What I have found in the last year is that there are parts of me that are incredibly unexpected. I had no idea those facets of me existed, but I love them and I am happy they are there. And as I am often times reminded by my bestie, I AM INCREDIBLY LOVEABLE. Overall on my search for Mr. Right, I am really in love for a man who loves the Gertie that I am and that I love. So today let's learn more about her and why she is awesome.
Things you should know and love about Gertie, starting with the way she cares for her friends. You see Gertie has an incredibly big heart. (Caveat, I admit freely I have been accused of having a Grinch heart about love of late, but it's a rumor and has not been substantiated) When I love my friends, my dog, my family I love them wholeheartedly, unconditionally and so much so that it can sometimes be overwhelming for all parties involved. I may get over excited because something is happening to them and snoopy dance in public. I may be really sad if something is causing them angst. But mess with someone whom I love and I might go crazy and threaten your life. (Mea Culpa) This may also have to do with being fiercely loyal and protective, but hey it's just another reason to love myself.

I have an incredible sense of style, I am a risk take at times and it generally pays off. Shopping with Lainey this weekend she made alot of faces about the hits and misses I pulled into the dressing room. I even forced a few on her, despite grumbles and protests. But I am bold, pull off interesting prints and am sometimes called a Fashionista. Albeit most recently it happened while I was wearing jeans and a tshirt and I didn't really agree, but I digress. In fact I love my self's interesting taste and I am my own favorite style star. I love my interesting sense of humor, I make sharp witty jabs at times and other times my humor can be quick painless and over your head. Some of my favorite parts of my personality are my observant, analytical, and sometimes obsessive nature.I love that I can cook almost anything from a recipe but I have to google how to make potato salad. I make some of the meanest risotto around but have no desire to ever make meatloaf. I'm also a pretty good baker, my attempt at Butterbeer cupcakes has been the most celebrated to date.

What do I love most about my single self? That I am adventurous. This single girl puts herself out there. The results are a mixed bag but every adventure teaches Gertie something new. On this adventure to find Mr. Right, I have really found out so much more about myself, than I could have imagined. Loving Gertrude is the best gift I can give myself on this Singleversary. Although if you'd like to send congratulatory wishes my way, the more the merrier!
Gertie is an amazing lady, singleton, and blogger!!
(come on people be generous, it's a special day)


I would like to end today's blog with an inspirational Video from Beyonce.....



Watch out for Hammers!
Gertie XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment