Monday, July 2, 2012

Kreative Blogger Award & You Could Win One Too!

And sometimes even an ugly girl gets a drink... or a blind squirrel finds a nut/blind pig an ear of corn, etc. etc. Or a Silly Blogger wins an Award,  because for every person in the world there is someone that likes and appreciates you. So Thank you Lainey!! over at Lainey's Life Lessons for awarding this verbose blogger an award. Apparently someone out there likes what they are reading or wants someone else to read it... so she can stop being one of my only comments, however you look at it. :) Or it could be that we have known each other for over a decade, regardless of the reason, the blog love is much appreciated.

In order to accept this award you must answer 7 questions, reveal 7 facts about yourself, and bestow this gorgeous award on 7 incredibly lucky bloggers. Without further adieu....

The Kreativ Blogger Award is very prestigious as it was created in Norway and has traveled the globe to be awarded to little old me. It started with a blogger named, Hulda from Norway.

The original award looks alot different than the gray award that you see on the left. It also looks alot different than the award that I actually put on my page so feel free to desgin an award of your choosing or pick any of the logos from the web. If you want to read more about the history of Kreativ Blogger check out Terry Holiday's post here.

Back to the task at hand.....


The Questions:
1. What is your favorite song? 

"Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton



I know that it is a bit old for my age box, but my Dad is a huge Clapton fan and it rubbed off.  And besides that I really think my favorite song changes constantly so this is an oldie but goodie.


but in addition I would like to share that this is my favorite Karaoke Song....







2. What is your favourite dessert?
Key Lime Pie on a Stick from the Blonde Giraffe in Key West, & feel free to send me some if you like.


3. What do you do when you're upset?


I talk it out and that is why I am so thankful for all my friends who are excellent sounding boards, and when all else fails I blog about it, those are some of the drafts you may never read.


4. Which is your favorite pet?
My beloved puppy, Grizzly, he is the best!!
The face this blogger fell in love with!!


5. White bread or whole meal?
Oatmeal, the  Pepperidge Farm kind is my favorite


6. What's your biggest fear?
My biggest fear is that there will only ever be a Mr. Right Now and that I have already missed my chance with Mr. Right.....mainly because of a horrible palm reading I had, but I just can't shake the feeling she was right.....


7. What's your attitude most of the time?
I am pretty funny and happy most of the time. Over the last two years there have been downs but when I am most myself I am happy, laughing and surrounded by people I love.


Fun Facts About Gertie:


1. Well as the photo above shows, I have an incredibly cute sidekick, aka my Havanese, Grizzly. But the fun fact that I am also willing to reveal is that his name is Grizzly el Oso de Guapo because he looked just like a bear cub when he I got him. He would know more aptly resemble Snuggle from the fabric softener commercials.


2. Although a heartbreaker to most  if we have just gone a few dates, in all serious relationships boys generally throw the hammer at me. I always want to work things out or think the dip is merely a setback to overcome.


3. I like to eat grapes with chopsticks.


4. I love to sing to the radio and can sing along to most tunes but rarely do I know the recording artist I am belting along to.


5. I love board games, even geek games....I find it to be a great stress relief.


6. I think the real reason why I am single is because I am secretly looking for a man like my father and he is simply one of a kind, or at least that's what I tell myself after a bad date.


7.  A way to my heart is not through your wallet it is more threw your manners, I am a sucker for a polite chivalrous man, bonus points if you can cook.


And the Kreativ Blogger Award Goes to......


Now I don't have a million reader and I appreciate when people make comments, but I do read alot of blogs. I have already listed blogs which I felt deserved awards here when I received the Liebster...


In general my blogroll tells you all my favorites...Lainey already nominated Ponyboy over at Marriage in the Bedroom, and he would be my 7th addition to the Liebster award. What I like most about his blog is all the open communication. He seems to have a great relationship with the Mrs. but even when he isn't talking about sex, wanting sex, having sex, memorable sex, I think he is always talking about intimacy and life as it exists in a real relationship. There are ups and downs


So my seven new nominess for the Kreativ Blogger award in no particular order are:


1 & 2. Kat & JJ to be found at Prowling with Kat & JJ Loves Kat, she surely doesn't need my recommendation with a huge following, a sex blog chain, and the fact that she is one of the Top Sex Bloggers on the web while he is her other man that lovers her but you should definitely check out her Prowlings if this is the first time you've heard about her. They have some of the hottest sex, posts, and followers on the web.  Another high note of Kat's blog is her perspective, she is a confident successful woman in her business and personal life, there are so many single girl blogs in the world, but I think Kat's is a perspective of what our lives could be like after we met Mr. Right and settled down, without settling who we really are. She is not a traditional June Cleaver, but she is a woman redefining her own rules in our modern society and that takes real strength.


3. Lois Lane over at My Affair with Ashley, showing newly single ladies what Ashley Madison  has to offer and being just as successful as any man. Besides who doesn't want to read about all the hotties out there in Gotham and Metropolis. To be fair, her blog is kind of new, but I just have this feeling we will see great things as her adventure continues so on that note, add her to your reading list and give her some blog love. 


4. Leah over at Late Starter Chronicles, she's British, she's nifty and she is very thought provoking. She talks about many topics from books, culture, hot men, and things that happen to women at every age. Looks like her blog may have gone private this week, but hopefully she will be back soon!


5. Another wonderful single blogger over at 36 and Single, I for the life of me don't thing she has a handle but I love reading about her online dating experience, Cutie, and how a single girls makes life choices at 36. I was referred to her blog through a post by Elle over at Sex and The Shitty (who btw I mentioned in my Liebster award blog, check her out!)


I know you are thinking that all I must read are blogs about dating, sex, and relationships but I also read alot of crafting blogs. My reading list is quite eclectic, lots of Prowlers and Mormon stay at home moms, oh the irony so for the last two slots on the Kreativ Blogger award, I am going to award two creative mommy bloggers.


6. Jess at Craftiness is Not Optional, you can read how to sew, craft, redecorate on a dime, and throw the cutest parties. I highly recommend her pink and grey baby shower and her ice cream recipes.


7. Natasha over at Little Pink Monster, she's not Mormon. She's just a fabulous mom who does creative arts and crafts for her house and kids. She gives interesting recipes, crafts, decorating tips, and she leads me to lots of crafting sources. If you have some time to kill you should definitely check out this lady blogger's work, She's amazing!!


And yet I still have so many people to award.....so big shout out to all of you whose blogs I comment on and read regularly. Thank you for sharing a bit of yourselves with us in the blogsphere.


Until next time, 
Gertie  XoXo





No comments:

Post a Comment