Now I am not a Rules Girl by any stretch of the imagination, in fact I have read the Rules and the Rules II and don't agree with all of them or even most of them exclusively. But I do have some dating rules that have evolved over the years. My rules are sometimes extreme to some but to me they make the best sense.
Rules for Dating by Gertie:
1. Give everyone who asks a first date, they will all teach you something (Edit: Everyone who can pass Rule 2)
2. Google everyone before you're first date make sure they aren't a serial killer and their story checks out.
3. Give everyone that makes you laugh a second date, when you're old laughter will matter more than you know.
4. Don't give out your phone number until you meet. Everyone has email on their phones these days. (Still am contemplating a burner cell phone just for dating)
5. Have an email address exclusively for online dating, don't link that email to anything else in your life.
6. Only give third dates to men who make you feel butterflies, no need to waste time.
7. Kissing on a first date is the exception not the rule.
8. See a man's place before you every invite him to yours.
9. Bring enough cash on a date to throw down and roll out if the need arises.
10. Honesty is a paramount quality, watch out for inconsistencies.
This is just a short list on reminders to help you navigate down the bumpy single road, I am sure others will come up along the way.......
Now I am sure you are asking what kind of Men are we trying to Target here in this blog? Everyone's list is different so you should definitely make your own. Keep it short, keep it realistic, and look for qualities that will matter over time. While I surely throw hammers at boys who don't deserve my time. I more aptly try to spear Men who fall within this Target.
1. Tall men who reach the top shelf - remember to subtract two inches from a listed height on an online dating profile.
2. Broad Men who give Great Hugs; subjective but necessary
3. Someone who doesn't want to hang out everyday, but who wants to hangout a few times a week.
4. Someone who is awesome and has friends that are awesome, bonus points if your friends would mesh well with my friends.
5. Someone who knows there way around a kitchen, bar, or a pantry. I like Men who can cook, bake, and especially craft an interesting cocktail or two.
6. Gentleman who remember the little things, without being asked and care about your well being.
7. Someone who makes you laugh, the type of laughter that explodes throughout your entire body.
8. Someone who loves their mom, sister, women in their life but in a healthy well adjusted way.
9. A Great Communicator.
Future blogs will contain hilarious adventures of this heroine as she cultivates these rules and narrows her targets.
Watch out for hammers,