Saturday, May 12, 2012

Guffawed!

Updated: I am going to add a few points to this because blogging from my mobile device left a few details out of the story.So this is the first time I've blogged on my mobile device. (Fingers crossed that it goes well!)

I literally just guffawed on a date. It's with someone I've gone out with quite a few times. We went to lunch and were going to a movie. While we were having lunch the male server was slightly flirting with me. I thought he was being friendly, and I smiled and enjoyed the compliment.

The craziest thing happened at the end of lunch. My date asked the male server for the check. The server brought our check split in two. It wasn't split in half nor did we request it split. The server explained he brought the check split but put the two items we shared on my date's half. He added "I didn't know if you two were together..." and "Of course he wouldn't mind paying for the appetizer," says the server referencing my date and patting my date on the back/shoulder.

There was a moment of awkward silence. My date confused the server for even more My date responded, We're together and put down his card for the entire tab. I laughed hysterically.

I'm not sure if the server was trying to stop a girl from getting a free lunch? Or simply hoped we weren't on a date. The thought didn't occur to me but my companion thought he might have been flirting? Well actually after giving it some thought maybe he was flirting but it was a super ballsy move on his part. In all my years it has never happened to me before and it was incredibly funny. Kudos to Fred for handling it like a champ.

What's your take? Has anything so funny happened to you?

Watch out for split checks!
Gertie XoxO

No comments:

Post a Comment